Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crochet Sweaters For My Toy Poodle

I've been crocheting on and off for years and now I have a new reason to do more. We have a toy poodle, Precious is her name. She was a rescue puppy brought to me by my oldest grandson as he knew I would never be able to say no once I saw the little sweetie. 

She has become my shadow around home and goes out shopping when it's a store that will allow her in. When in stores she is always in a pet backpack that actually hangs in the front. That way she isn't under foot of other shoppers. Got my pet backpack at Pet Smart and love it as does Precious.


When I'm cooking in kitchen, she will start dancing around to let me know she would like something to eat also. She gets so excited that her ears will start bouncing until it looks af if she might start flying any minute! She can be quite the clown! LOL!



I took her to be groomed last week and the groomer took off a little too much so her cut is a bit short for the winter. We weren't expecting this cold front that has come blowing in here in Texas to be anywhere like the forecasters predict, so I am making her some sweaters from patterns I found on line. Have to keep my girl nice and warm. So far these are the ones I have made for her. Here are the latest three I have made. I will post more as I get them made also.

I made puffed sleves on this butter yellow one, can't see them here but I will post a picture when she is sitting pretty again. Right now she is snoozing in her afgan on the settee much like she is here in my lap while I was at the computer! LOL!



I used the free pattern ( "Rosie's Doggy Sweater Free Pattern") from "Kristina's Krochet" at http://kristinaskrochet.50webs.com/rosiesdoggysweaterfreepattern.htm  It is a wonderful pattern and you can do so much with it to suit your taste. The pattern is also very easy and a fast do, which I like as my hands tend to swell if I have to work too long. I may be adding a few tiny flowers to the green and the butter yellow,just to make them prettier.

I thought about making the booties but not sure my little one would like walking in them!!?? I have to think more on that.

I have book marked many more patterns to do. I think it is so wonderful how others share patterns with us. Some day maybe I'll have one to share that is an original of my own!

Have a great day everyone, stay warm and "Happy Crocheting!

No comments: